"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughtful Friday- Meditation

PA130006


Meditation is a process of lightening up, of trusting the basic goodness of what we have and who we are, and of realizing that any wisdom that exists, exists in what we have already. Our wisdom is all mixed up with what we call our neurosis. Our brilliance, our juiciness, our spiciness, is all mixed up with our craziness and our confusion, therefore it doesn’t do any good to try to get rid of our so-called negative aspects, because in that process we also get rid of our basic wonderfulness. We can lead our life so as to become more awake to who we are and what we’re doing rather than trying to improve or change or get rid of who we are or what we’re doing.

- Pema Chodron in The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving Kindness

(Quote originally found at Throwing Marshmallows.)

Note- I just thought I'd mention that as I was looking through pictures to find a nice one to go with this quote, I found this one of Joey. She isn't so much meditating, as sitting quietly on top of the heater vent in a dress up dress, staring out the window. I think it pretty much sums up the meaning of the quote, though.

No comments: