"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Saturday, August 2, 2008

What's Been Happening over the Last Few Days

If you only read Wisdom of the Moon on a feedreader, you've probably missed the small bit of excitement that has been going on around here. What follows are the messages I've been putting up as extra page elements.

July 31- I just received an email from Blogger that I've been flagged as a potential spam blog. Jeff told me the a similar thing recently happened to Mental Floss, so I feel I'm in good company.

Anyway, this means I've been blocked from posting here until an actual human being has the time to come and look around and see that I'm obviously not spam. It does look like I may be able to update my page elements (which is what I'm doing to type this message).

Consider this a message in a bottle. Wisdom of the Moon is being held against its will. Please send chocolate.

Aug 1
- So, I've read up on what exactly a 'spam blog' is and found this...

"spam blogs ... can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text"

Awesome.

I'm the first to admit I won't be winning any awards for writing here, but I feel that is a pretty grim assessment.
(And yes, I totally meant to quote Apu.)

Aug 2
- Hooray, I can talk again! I have no idea what set them off, but based on advice from Brad, I'm off to find and delete any and all spam comments. See ya on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that was a Blogger issue. A few of the other blogs I read, on Blogger, also reported this spam identification problem. Don't worry! You're not repetive. :)

Anonymous said...

"spam blogs ... can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text"

ROTFLMAO! Too funny. That could apply to lots of us sometimes I think. :)

Glad to see you back.